Sunday, August 29, 2010

Edmonton Extravaganza!!!

I love to swap! It is one of my favourite things about being a demonstrator - we swap every time we get together! It gives me a never-ending stream of ideas and samples to show off!

Recently I had the opportunity to head out to Edmonton with my BFF (hi Allise!) for the final Workshop of a Lifetime with SHELLI! Yes! THE SHELLI! While I didn't actually attend the workshop, I was privileged to attend a brunch with Shelli and about 25 other demonstrators as well as an Extravaganza with my team from Edmonton, including my sister, my cousin, my aunt, and many fabulous friends!

The highlight, of course, was getting to meet Shelli and have a photo taken (minus standing in a three-hour line up, as at Regionals or Convention!):



Fun :)

So, back to the swapping thing...here is one of the swaps I took with me to Edmonton:



This card was an evolution, inspired by Lisa Young's card - I actually did CASE her original card for a class, but then I wanted to change up the layout a bit, so I kept the original colour combination (from the Colour Coach) and stamp set, and then just kind of let my mojo take over :)

Stamps: Morning Cup
Paper: Early Espresso, Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Poppy Parade, Naturals White
Ink: Sahara Sand, Poppy Parade, Baja Breeze, Early Espresso, So Saffron
Accessories: Modern Label punch, Metallic brads, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Aqua Painter, Polka Dot embossing folder, Big Shot, Stampin' Dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. I love this colour combination and the colouring you did... how cool to meet Shelli in such an intimate session.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Desiree, congratulations on winning Shellie's Challenge!!
    I love your card and how cool to meet Shelli!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on winning the color challenge. It was great to see you again.
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats for being a color challenge winner. Did you bribe Shelli when you met her? HA HA! Just kidding. Your card and color combo are great. Congrats, again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card and color combo!! Congrats on the So Shelli win!

    ReplyDelete